[DVS] How to mark an extension as belonging to two packages?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Apr 9 15:03:10 UTC 2003

I've got a case in Connectors where I've extended Morph.
Now say that someone comes along and wants to modify that method in
their package (i.e. to override or modify my extension to Morph). How
should this method be marked to indicate that it belongs to both
packages?

Right now the test is something like "method category begins with '*',
packagename". So if they prepend their own package name, it
disappears from Connectors.

I see this (for instance) in Jacaranda, where Hernan fixed a method
from Connectors.

He relabled the method category as "*jacaranda-*connectors-something".
However, that makes it disappear from Connectors unless I change the
category back.

Would it make sense to change the logic so that the above would be
seen as both a Jacaranda *and* a Connectors method?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com