squeak crashes on gentoo linux

Lars.Dornheim at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE Lars.Dornheim at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Wed Apr 9 18:38:01 UTC 2003

Norbert Hartl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read all those postings about problems running
> squeak in an gcc 3.x compiled vm.
>
> It seems that everybody solved this problem by
> fixing the DOUBLE_WORD_ORDER stuff in config.h
> In my case it is different. When I'm doing the
> configure step the
>
> #define DOUBLE_WORD_ORDER 1
>
> is correctly set in config.h. But the behaviour of
> the squeak vm is the same faulty one (the one with
> tons of Float>>truncated messages and black borders).
>
> I don't have any idea how to fix this. In one posting
> somebody mentioned that this is fixed in the repository

I guess you mean me? ;)

> but not alvailable as source archive yet. Is this true?

Yes, I was told so. But it corrects only the wrong detection of
DOUBLE_WORD_ORDER in the configure script when using gcc 3.x on x86
systems. So you don't have to set "#define DOUBLE_WORD_ORDER 1" by hand
anymore.

> As long as I'm not owning a running vm I'm just not able
> to compile me a new one :)
>
> Is there a way to get an up-to-date source archive to
> test?
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> Norbert

Lars