dead entities (was "Monticello status")

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 18:31:43 UTC 2003

Göran wrote:

> But I don't think Magma can store blocks yet but AFAIK Chris has that
> planned when Anthony's stuff arrives.

This is true, Blocks and CompiledMethods are not currently supported.  Though I
have NO KNOWN BUGS in Magma 1.0gamma4 (which isn't posted yet) I refuse to
advance to 1.0final until it can support Blocks.  It was part of my dream from
the very beginning for 1.0 and one of the last things remaining.

I have plenty of other work to do on my new project, so I'm just patiently
waiting for Block closures to become part of base Squeak before I look into it.

I'm really looking forward to this.  Magma programs will then have the ability
to transparently persist actual *behavior* in the database.  When I think about
some of the new possibilities for my future Magma programs that this opens up..
 Wow, it will be a great thing.

Cheers!
  Chris