Need feedback on simple idea

David Farber dfarber at numenor.com
Fri Apr 11 20:06:45 UTC 2003

I've been thinking this. I'd like to see self-like message access to variables, but, as you point out, that raises the public/private issue. I am currently wondering if lisp-style context nesting wouldn't give me what I wanted--but I don't have any concrete proposals yet.

I think, though, that these changes belong in a new language. Don't get me wrong; I am a die-hard Smalltalker. But there are "rough edges" that I'd like to see smoothed down.

That's why I like to say, "Smalltalk is my second-favorite language. I haven't encountered my favorite language yet."

david

--
David Farber
dfarber at numenor.com