About 3.5 ;)

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Apr 12 17:02:58 UTC 2003

HI bill and nevin

It is fun but when there is a new version of mac OX such as two days
ago,
I just go and look and see ok they fixed a lot of stuff so this is
better.
So new version of Mac OS X are not meaning instability for me (I do not
know for the other). So communication is also part of the story.

Note that nothing force clients to upgrade.

On Saturday, April 12, 2003, at 06:51 PM, Nevin Pratt wrote:

> Bill Spight wrote:
>
>> Dear Stef,
>>

>>> We should really use the fact to have more releases than in the past
>>> as a marketing point, to get more exposure to show that our
>>> community is active.
>>>

>> Speaking as a consumer, my demand lessens with an increasing number of
>> releases. It suggests instability. That's why I like the idea of a
>> relatively stable core, along with a smorgasbord of new and improved
>> goodies. :-)

Me too, more than you would expect, even if the modularisation effort
will not be straighforward it is really worth.

>> Best,
>>
>> Bill
>>

> I second Bill's sentiment.
>
> Nevin

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
different? ...  especially if,
  by doing something different, today might not be your last day on
earth" Calvin&Hobbes

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it..." Alan Kay.

Open Source Smalltalks: http://www.squeak.org,
http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/smalltalk.html
Free books for Universities at
http://www.esug.org/sponsoring/promotionProgram.html