[ANN] Squeak 3.5 released

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Sat Apr 12 20:22:16 UTC 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Doug Way wrote:

> Anyway, there are only two bug fixes in 3.5, relative to 3.4.  Pretty
> much covered by my earlier description: "The fixes cover problems with
> the ClassBuilder when rebuilding all classes,
> and fixes for saving and loading projects containing .gifs or .jpgs."
> (You could call this three bug fixes if you wanted.)
>
> For more details, look at updates 5172 and 5173, these are the only
> changes.

Wow, two updates- is that a record in the smallest number of updates for a
new point version? ;P  Just out of curiousity, why bother making that a
new version? Why not make 3.5 what will be 3.6, and 3.6 this 3.5 with all
of these new features polished and debugged?

Not to question the wisdom of the elders or anything, just wondering. ;)

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"Like the creators of sitcoms or junk food or package tours, Java's designers were
consciously designing a product for people not as smart as them."  ::  paul graham