[ANN]Draft rough plan for 3.6!

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Mon Apr 14 10:27:19 UTC 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 11:51:47AM +0100, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> [Area of important discussion: Now - how do we do this in general? This
> time perhaps we can muster to test these manually but most logically we
> would need corresponding Test packages for each of these packages that
> can verify that they are installed properly and that they work - but we
> don't have that yet.
>
> Perhaps we should create these 10 testpackages no matter how trivial
> they are and then simply say that as long as they are green these
> packages are healthy *by definition*. This would also permit us to
> construct an autobuilder that installs packages in various combinations
> and verifies that they still work.]

Yes, I think this is the way to go.

This will, uhm, help to persuade the package-maintainers to build
*real* tests... ;-)

I'l build test-packages for my SqueakMap packages later. I'l try
to build some documentation about what I did.

   Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de