About HTML removal

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Apr 15 18:17:26 UTC 2003

Hi adam

No hurry I just started to work without removal and there are a lot to
do :)
But this is true that at the end this would be good to have separate
packages.
Stef

On Wednesday, April 16, 2003, at 01:14 AM, Adam Spitz wrote:

> Stephane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> I tried the package removal but it removes also the HTML parser that
>> we
>> need to access our changesets on Swiki :(
>
> Sorry about that. The Scamper removal script, as it is now, removes
> both
> the Scamper and the stuff in the Network-HTML* categories, since they
> seem to depend on each other. (The HTML stuff doesn't depend very
> heavily on Scamper, but it looked like Scamper had a few methods that
> the HTML stuff needed.)
>
> I was hoping that somebody would step forward and volunteer to maintain
> Scamper, and that that person would separate the HTML stuff and Scamper
> into two separate packages. So far I don't think anyone has
> volunteered,
> though.
>
> Today is a busy day for me, but I'll split up the two packages as soon
> as I can. In the meantime, if you open up the Scamper SAR file (it's on
> SqueakMap), you'll find two changesets inside: Network-HTML.cs and
> Scamper.cs. If you just file in Network-HTML.cs, does your stuff work?
>

> Adam

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
different? ...  especially if,
  by doing something different, today might not be your last day on
earth" Calvin&Hobbes

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it..." Alan Kay.

Open Source Smalltalks: http://www.squeak.org,
http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/smalltalk.html
Free books for Universities at
http://www.esug.org/sponsoring/promotionProgram.html