[UPDATES] 4 more for 3.6alpha

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Apr 15 19:53:49 UTC 2003

Hi doug

I did not check deeply but I think that for the first (up to 44) there
should be
not interference between removals and KCP.

Now if you apply KCP after the removals it may happen that one of the
method removed
by the removal scripts will not be correctly updated. For example if
there is a tools calling browse on a class and we moved the browse to
systemNavigation. Even if we fixed all the senders and deprecated the
methods, if you apply the cs on an image where a method calling this
precise methods have been remove, it will not be fixed :)

So I do not know it may be worth for the people producing the removals
to check what we are doing. Normally we deprecated all the methods,
this means that if you invoke a method that was moved you get a clear
error message (we opted for really moving the method and not just
tagging the transcript with a message to avoid to produce too much
changesets, we also tagged all the deprecated methods so that they
could be reached in one sender).

for example as this.

browseAllImplementorsOfList: selectorList

	self flag: #deprecated.
	self error: 'Method Deprecated: Use
SystemNavigation>>browseAllImplementorsOfList:'

Tell me how you want us to proceed. because if we have to check all the
removals
this may be really a tedious process and still I think that this would
be better that the maintainer of the removal checks if there are
clashes for practical reason.

Stef

On Tuesday, April 15, 2003, at 08:46 PM, Doug Way wrote:

> Here are some new updates for 3.6alpha.  These are all of the current
> [approved] items, except for one approved fix from the KCP group,
> which I
> decided to hold off on incorporating for now, since we may want to
> harvest
> those after the package removals happen.  (See the "Draft rough plan
> for 3.6"
> thread.)
>

> -------------------------------
>
> 5181MessageTallyBlnFix-nk -- Ned Konz -- 31 March 2003
> If you have balloonHelpInMessageLists preference on, and you open a
> TimeProfileBrowser, and you move your mouse over the first blank line,
> you get
> a walkback.
> This CS fixes that problem."
>
> 5182BBCompositing-ar -- Andreas Raab -- 7 April 2003
> A fix for alpha compositing in BitBlt. It turns out that when you're
> using
> Form>>blend (aka: alpha compositing) the resulting alpha values are
> not at all
> what they should be. VERY problematic for stuff like anti-aliasing."
>
> 5183TestRemovalFor36a-md -- Marcus Denker -- 9 April 2003
> Removes SUNit-Test MethodReferenceTest, which is already included in
> the
> BaseImage Tests Package"
>
> 5184FileInGZDirectly-nk -- Ned Konz -- 13 December 2002
> This CS lets you file in and browse compressed changes files directly
> from the
> FileList, without having to decompress them first.

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
different? ...  especially if,
  by doing something different, today might not be your last day on
earth" Calvin&Hobbes

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it..." Alan Kay.

Open Source Smalltalks: http://www.squeak.org,
http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/smalltalk.html
Free books for Universities at
http://www.esug.org/sponsoring/promotionProgram.html