[ANN]Draft rough plan for 3.6!

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Wed Apr 16 05:23:25 UTC 2003

To which "John W. Sarkela" <sarkela at sbcglobal.net> replied...
>Upon reflection, I believe the correct quote is...
>  `The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday -- but never jam to-day.'
>  `It must come sometimes to "jam do-day,"' Alice objected.
>  `No, it can't,' said the Queen.  `It's jam every other day: to-day isn't any other day, you know.'

[Seriously off-topic, but then it was already...]
I learned this rule (which I believe predates "Alice in WL") as a perverse mnemonic guide for the fact that the Latin word 'iam' (now, already) should only be used when talking about the future or the past;  when you want to express the same notion in the present, you have to use 'nunc'.