[Q]Linux SuSE 8.1

Lars Dornheim Lars.Dornheim at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Thu Apr 17 18:18:14 UTC 2003

Marco Paga wrote:
> Hi.
> Is there anybody out there who is using Squeak on a SuSE Linux 8.1 ?

Jup, I do.

> I would like to know if anybody got the newest VM's working. ( I have 3.2-5)

I did. There were no problems compiling the 3.4-1 VM. You had only to
set "#define DOUBLE_WORD_ORDER 1" by hand.

Getting the 3.5-1devel VM running was somewhat more complicated. There
were some problems detecting several VM plugins at startup. You had to
create new VM sources with VMMaker with only external plugins, I think.
(Was some time ago, I did that. ;) )

> Is there anybody who would like to package a running VM for some major
> versions?
 >

> regards
> marco

Lars