[PDA][Linux][Zaurus][QTOPIA][VM] Alpha release of Qtopia-Zaurus VM

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Sat Apr 19 00:33:39 UTC 2003

  Hello,

  I happened to upload alpha version of such VM.  All I know is it
works ok on my SL-C700.  I'm somewhat sure it will work on SL-B500,
but not quite sure on SL-A300.  I suspect it doesn't work on SL-5xxx
at this moment.

  The incompatibility is due to the 'SL' specific library I use.  If
someone knows the sample code to use "FileSelector" class, it will
make the VM compatible among those variations.

  * Menu key works as interrupt.
  * 'Fn' key works as Alt for keys that doesn't have assigned
    Alt-characters.

  * The sound player somewhat works, but somehow the process doesn't
    give the control back to other processes.  Also, you have to set
    #soundStopWhenDone preference.

  * You can go to full screen, but can't go back.

  I even don't bother to write the web page for now.  For those who
are curious, grab the ipk file from

  http://www.is.titech.ac.jp/~ohshima/squeak/zaurus/

  If you know the better way to go back to non-fullscreen mode and
the proper way to use FileSelector, please let me know.

-- Yoshiki