[FIX] DOUBLE_WORD_ORDER autoconf fix for gcc 3.2

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Apr 23 16:24:06 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 23 April 2003 01:12 am, Marco Paga wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 April 2003 21:25, Ned Konz wrote:
> [SNIP]
>
> > The attached patch to acinclude.m4 should work. Though it should
> > of course be tested by people on different platforms.
> >
> > You have to apply it to platforms/unix/config/acinclude.m4, and
> > then run "make" in that directory first.
>
> I tested it and it didn't worked. I'm working on a SuSE 2.4.19
> Kernel and using gcc 3.2.
> [ I defalated a squeak src put the file in place and did a
> configure and make in the generated build directory .]
>
> regards
> marco

No.

Expand the squeak VM sources.

Go to platforms/unix/config and apply the change to acinclude.m4 using
patch.

While still in that directory, run "make".

Then go back up the the root of the VM directories, and make a build
directory.

Go into that build directory, and do

../platforms/unix/configure

and see if config.h doesn't look right.