[Q] Problems with 3.6a and SqueakMap?

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Fri Apr 25 14:12:58 UTC 2003

Hi!

"Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> I just download Squeak 3.6a-5184 from st.cs.uiuc.edu and found the
> following:
>
> 1) The Welcome to window do not have a mention to SqueakMap. This info is on
> 3.4 and 3.5 . I wonder why not on 3.6

Hmmm, probably a slip up of some kind.

> 2) I try to download SqueakMap using "open..."/"Package Loader" menu, just
> how in 3.4 and have the attached error
>
> I have former images and SqueakMap.

I have looked at the error log you attached. First of all - SM tries to
use any existing "sm" directory and an pre-existent squeakmap log-file.
It looks in the error log like it finds an old logfile and loads that
first - and that is when the error occurs.

So a quick fix for you is to remove that file (you could simply remove
the whole "sm" directory unless you have put anything in there yourself)
and try again. It should get a full fresh map from the net and should
work.

The problem itself though seems to have something to do with an error in
SM to deal properly with changes in the category tree. I think it
"barfs" on the new "Squeak 3.6" category. I would be interested if you
could zip up and mail me your squeakmap.x.log file that you have
currently in your "sm" directory - pick the one with the highest number
if you have more than one.

regards, Göran