Arrays v. otherCollections

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Mon Apr 28 16:38:41 UTC 2003

Hello,

I am merely seeking some wisdom from those with experience where I have
none. :)

I was experimenting with code I was writing and was testing differences
in performance between Array, OrderedCollection and Dictionary. The
difference was significant. Array is amazing (performance wise). I have
not concluded my testing to discover differences in creation vs.
differences in retrieving data.

My question.

When dealing with a known static form like a book, would there be any
reason to choose something other than an Array?

#(Book #(Chapters #(Verses #(Text))))

Is there anything I should be aware of when creating multi-dimensional
Collections?

Thanks for any wisdom.

Jimmie Houchin