Viewing Failures in sUnit's TestRunner

Colin Putney cputney at whistler.com
Tue Apr 29 00:39:02 UTC 2003

On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 05:18  PM, Anthony Adachi wrote:

> Yes, it is great but I was hoping sUnit would offer
> some kind of interface similar to other xUnits, like
> jUnit. In which one can see a summary of the actual
> and expected results of  failed tests. As this could
> save a lot of clicking in case where one can deduce
> why the test failed upon one glance of this kind of data.

Hi Anthony,

It's an understandable sentiment. You have habits built from experience
doing test driven development, and it is frustrating when the tools
you're using get in the way of your habits.

I'd suggest to you, however, that the functionality you describe is not
"missing"  from SUnit, so much as unnecessary. Bringing up a debugger
on the site of a failed assertion or an error is a very efficient way
to find and fix problems. It's even easier to deduce why the test
failed in a debugger, and you can fix it on the spot.

Happy testing.

Colin

Colin Putney
Whistler.com