Extending FileList with CrLf

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Fri Aug 1 04:38:21 UTC 2003

Just for other outside information. Apparently the Python group has been
struggling with this issue. I normally don't read about Python, but
occasionally take a peek. :)

This PEP has been implemented and is in the latest Python.

http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/whatsnew/node7.html

Talks about the problem and how they decided to handle it for Python.

Personally, I'm for handling it as elegantly and transparently as
possible. I think that is what most people will expect. I understand
Daniel's position. However, Squeak is a high-level environment.
Low-level options are there, but I believe most people expect intuitive
platform I'm using Squeak on and Squeak not handle it properly.

This happens on files created by and on the platform OS Squeak is
running on. No mixed up line endings.

Nevertheless, I do believe Squeak is its own platform and consistency on
that platform is the most important.

I like the Liberal in Strict out.

Jimmie Houchin