Startup time, a short review & discussion

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Aug 1 08:31:02 UTC 2003

Sure - from http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3272

Starting Squeak on Windows

*	The naive way
Double click on the Squeak VM (Squeak.exe). Note that this method has some
disadvantages. Since the VM does not know what image file to use it must
search the disk. I have seen this method to take various seconds to
complete. In addition, if there is none or more than one image file you will
be prompted with a file dialog to select the one you want to use.