[ENH] SUnit-expected-failures-jf

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Fri Aug 1 15:17:06 UTC 2003

Hmm... we're using TestBrowser and it doesn't seem to do anything
special about TestSuites - just lets you run categories of tests easily.

I suppose you could set up a TestSuite for failing tests, but unless you
actually remove the tests from their proper TestCases, running that
TestCase will still cause errors.  Then I suppose you can create a
TestSuite for passing tests, but you have still lost the flexibility of
being able to run individual TestCases.  And I don't like the idea of
actually removing the test from the TestCase because you don't know
which TestCase it needs to go back to when it passes again.

It feels like this is another case where we need meta-information
associated with methods - but the best workaround I know of is to have
another method hold the meta-information.

Still - better tools would make a big difference however we do it - when
I have time to look at this further, I would definitely look at the
testing UIs.  Is there any interest in having a solution to this problem
or will I just keep it in the realm of Personal Hacks? :)

Julian