Monticello remote repository

Derek Brans brans at nerdonawire.com
Sat Aug 2 02:00:31 UTC 2003

I'm floundering a bit in understanding Monticello.

I want to have an "always online" server hosting a repository where my code can be found.  I have the server, which has up until now hosted my CVS repository.

How does one setup a Remote Monticello Repository?

The discussion around MC seems to say that we are done with centralized repositories.  What is meant by this?  Isn't it handy to have one repository to manage code, so it doesn't start branching in 8 directions?

Are we talking about a community of developers working and intermittingly merging)?  How is that different than the cvs model?

Thank you,
Derek

Derek Brans
Nerd on a Wire