Monticello mc file format problem?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Aug 2 04:15:04 UTC 2003

On Friday, August 1, 2003, at 07:22  PM, Derek Brans wrote:

> Avi, Colin and other MC users,
>
> I am trying to load a "version 1.70" .mc file into an image with the
> latest version of Monticello.  Below is the error I'm getting.  Has
> the .mc file format has changed? If so,  how do I upgrade my package
> to be in the new file format?  I tried loading the package into an old
> image with MC 1.70 installed and then upgrading MC.  That didn't work.

Hi Derek,

Can you be more specific about what version of Monticello you're using?
Is it 1.148, which is on SqueakMap right now? The "latest version" off
SourceForge? Are you using MonticelloCVS as well, or just Monticello?

I put the quotes in there because we've pretty much moved off of SF. We
had some reliability problems there, and anonymous checkouts lagged
behind the head a lot. For now we're using a private CVS server, but we
hope to get rid of CVS entirely in the near future, and go with a
public Monticello repository. If you want to track the head, let me
know, and I'll make a mirror available over the web.

Anyway, that walkback seems to be created by a pretty old version of
Monticello. The file format did indeed change, but versions after 1.97
still support the old format. It's possible that Monticello got
corrupted while updating its self.

Colin