About Glorp

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Sat Aug 2 09:54:31 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-31 at 16:12, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> I know that some of you are suing glorp. I would like to know if there
> is a small documentation or tutorial.
>
> I went to sourceforge but the doc link was broken.

Your best bet is to peruse the higher-level unit tests. They have at
least all the possible mappings, and most of the interaction. It does
help tremendously if you're up-to-date generally with the basics of O/R
mapping.

One thing to keep in mind is that that Glorp has two things that may
take you by surprise and still a bit of bugs. The two things are:
- An object cache that still doesn't work 100%. It is good to at least
reset it (GlorpSession>>initializeCache or something) before each query.
- Queried, traversed objects and their (mapped) transitive closure are
all automatically registered. Which means that usually you only need to
GlorpSession>>register: newly created objects, Glorp will persist the
rest for you as needed.