Extending FileList with CrLf

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sun Aug 3 01:47:22 UTC 2003

Colin,

I don't really think you mean what you're saying ;-) Noone is arguing
against the abstraction, what what we are discussing is what the defaults
for that abstraction should be. And here, it seems to me (looking at MCFile
for example) that you do in fact prefer a smart, auto-translating,
default-to-platform handling approach over a dumb, make-line-ends-garbage,
default-to-CR approach ;-)

Cheers,
  - Andreas