BrowseUnit v3 on Squeakmap

rrobbes rrobbes at etu.info.unicaen.fr
Sun Aug 3 17:53:19 UTC 2003

   Hi Daniel,

The reason I changed the generation of the selectors is to allow
a finer navigation between the tests and the methods.

The previous version didn't allowed to navigate between the test
and the method in some cases, whereas this one works better.
For example if you had (as German said earlier) two methods
#at: and #at:put:, both would point to the generated method
testAt. This introduces an ambiguity when you want to go back
(in the previous version you would always go back to #at: ).

Moreover I find the new version clearer for keyword messages using
several arguments (by the way I think that for a better integration
of the tests in the environment, I should not display their names,
they should just be near the tested method, as I am trying to do
with my add-on to whisker. The problem is that it does not work
really well in 3.6 yet ...).

Anyways if you are worried by backward compatibility, I'll try to do
something for it (my "lazy evaluation" of this request did spare me
this work for a week :-) ).

Thanks for the feedback,

   Romain