Transcript behaviour

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Mon Aug 4 23:56:49 UTC 2003

Martin Kuball <MartinKuball at web.de> writes:

> Hi!
>
> When I write something to Transcript and after that open it I see an empty
> window. Given the fact the Transcript is a global, shouldn't it have a buffer
> to remember at least the last few entries?

The way I undertand it TranscriptStream acts like a pipe of zero
length. When you write to Transcript it calls #endEntry at the end,
wich signals its views that a new entry was made and then resets
itself.

If you remove the self reset it turns into a pipe of unlimited size
but new windows are still blank initially, becuase they have not been
notified. When you write to transcript then the new window will read
the entire contents of the stream.

So to get what you want, you would have to limit the size of the
stream and you would have to change the startup behavior of the
windows so it does not wait for an update message. Doable IMHO.