[RFI]Mac performance gap between OS-9 and OSX

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 6 00:50:59 UTC 2003

"Andreas Raab" <andreas.raab at gmx.de> wrote:

> If you are interested in this you should just give it a try - merely have
> your VM answer true if queried for a negative display depth in
> primitiveTestDisplayDepth and you'll be able to go forth and back between
> little and big endian pixels.
Err, well it almost works. Aside from the expected colour mapping fiddle
that would be needed it looks ok _until_ I move the mouse. Then the
display goes black and scattered parts flash to 'proper' look and back
to black. Very odd indeed. I have been able to narrow it down to
whatever image code is invoked when the display depth is -ve rather than
the non-reversing VM code.

tim
APL is a write-only language.  - Roy Keir