GUI output testing

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Tue Aug 5 06:28:22 UTC 2003

"Richard A. O'Keefe" <ok at cs.otago.ac.nz> writes:

> I've just been asked this question by a student,
> and I didn't really know the answer.
>
> "How do you test the (visual) output of a GUI program?"

I've been thinking about that myself. I believe there is no general
solution. Think about a program that automatically draws sketches of
Bill Clinton. To test it you have to make sure these sketches "look
like Bill Clinton". Very hard to do this.

The underlying problem is, that most objects have lots of camparison
methods, but you usually don't have #looksLike: in a sketch.

BTW: how can I move the mouse programatically ?