SARInstaller for both 3.4/3.6 in updated image

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Aug 6 08:17:45 UTC 2003

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 03:56 PM, Ned Konz wrote:
>
> > No. It turned out to be harder to de-register in the middle of loading
> > than I'd thought.

Yeah, we probably need better "hooks" (for doing stuff afterwards etc)
in SM1.1+ when it comes to the installers etc. I will not bother
changing that stuff in SM1.1 though. Too bug prone.

> > Though you could do this:
> >
> > SMSqueakMap default installedPackagesDictionary removeKey:
> > (SMSqueakMap default cardWithName: 'SARInstaller for 3.4') id
>
> This seems to work.  Assuming this is reasonably safe, maybe we should

Should be safe. There are no other places (Except for the ChangeLog of
course! But we can't do much about that - replaying changes will get
this back, as would the #recreateYaddayadda method) with this state.

Note that the above clears the full install history for the package
named "SARInstaller for 3.4", but in this case this sounds like what you
want to do.

> add this with the next batch of updates, to avoid the confusion that
> Joshua ran into.  (For all practical purposes, if you follow the update
> stream, SARInstaller for 3.6 is installed after the one for 3.4 and
> replaces it, so we don't need to list both of them as installed.)

Sounds correct to me.

> - Doug

regards, Göran