GUI output testing

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at fast-mail.org
Wed Aug 6 12:13:37 UTC 2003

You bring up valid points.  However, if the position of data is in some
way business driven, you should test that it is in the proper place.
For instance, I am working on a transplant information system that
displays lab data, evaluation data, national listing data, etc.  The
customers are very particular about the order in which things appear.
As a developer it doesn't matter much to me is Cyclosporine comes before
or after Tacrolimus, but they care.  It's a matter of contextual
relevance for every screen.

About forms... I don't quite agree with the coupling.  I tend toward the
3-tier architecture.  I isolate the business layer from the presentation
layer so that I can have more than one presentation layer accessing the
same business objects underneath.  It's often the case (at least in my
experience) that presentation layers very often cannot reuse the same
code.  A web client is quite different from a desktop client, but the
data underneath each doesn't need to be.

=jason