GUI output testing

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Thu Aug 7 01:02:21 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 10:22  PM, Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> MFor what it's worth, I've whipped up a handful of changes so that
>
>     |stream|
>     stream := CrlfFileStream newFileNamed: 'something.xml'.
>     someMorph dumpXmlOn: stream.
>     stream close.
>
> will dump the Morph and its descendents as XML.  This shows the class
> of each morph, its bounds, colour (if not transparent), border (if
> width
> not 0), label (for some things), and either children or contents.

Richard,

I'm a bit confused about the purpose of this. Are you doing this in
order to save your assembly of morphs to a file and later reconstruct
it? Or is this related to testing?

If it's about testing, what does converting to XML allow you to do that
you can't do with the morphs themselves?

Colin