[BUG] GIFReadWriter - degradation on writing

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu Aug 7 20:09:02 UTC 2003

On Thursday 07 August 2003 12:44 pm, tblanchard at mac.com wrote:
> I don't know a whole lot about image file formats but I've noticed
> that gifs written with GIFReadWriter end up looking worse than when
> they were read.  The (hopefully still) attached image illustrates
> the problem.

How did the images look in Squeak?

You attached a PDF, not a GIF.

And I'm not sure what it was, or how you made it, or what you don't
like about it, or what it looked like originally.

Can you attach "before" and "after" gifs?

Anyway, I did a screenshot of your PDF, saved it as a GIF (and as a
PNG), read them into Squeak, wrote them back out, and viewed them.
All of the images looked identical to me.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com