[BUG] BFAV/KCP archive problem

Roel Wuyts wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Aug 8 11:58:35 UTC 2003

I see no immediate problems from moving to BFAV, but I will discuss
with Alex and we will notify you as soon as possible. I had an
afternoon meeting with Alex anyway :-)

On Friday, Aug 8, 2003, at 13:05 Europe/Zurich, Daniel Vainsencher
wrote:

> Brent Vukmer <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote:
>> The BFAV originally modelled the current harvesting process very
>> closely.  Trying to extend it to also model the project-Swiki-page
>> process makes the BFAV packages more complicated, increases the
>> amount of QA I Should Be Doing, etc. Frankly I just don't know if
>> it's needed.  I may just remove the functionality.  Is anybody else
>> using the KCP Viewer?  Any votes for keeping it?
>
> The KCP team could, IMO, now use the regular process using the BFAV,
> since the BFAV itself allows *[KCP]* filters, but that's up to them.
> Either way, I vote for dropping it. The Swiki is used mostly by the KCP
> team and myself (since I do the final approval most of their work). I
> don't mind checking their stuff out using their own tools, and it is
> definitely not as important as the BFAV itself. Since the BFAV is
> currently doing an important job, and quite a few people are using it,
> its simplicity is important.
>
> Daniel

Roel Wuyts                                                   Software
Composition Group
roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch                       University of Bern,
Switzerland
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~wuyts/