[VW] Generating the c-code

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 8 16:54:28 UTC 2003

Alexandre Bergel <bergel at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> I cannot recompile the VM because there is some undefined symbol such as insufficientMemorySpecifiedError, or browserPluginInitialiseIfNeeded
>
> Anyone could give me any clue?
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>
> PS: I am using the lastest release of the VM I could find (http://www-sor.inria.fr/~piumarta/squeak/devel-3.5/dist/Squeak-3.5-1devel.src.tar.gz)
They are macros in the SF release of platforms/Cross/vm/sq.h As it says
in the doc, get the latest SF stuff before building. Using out of date
code not from there will fairly often go wrong. Ian has been uploading
his latest bits to SF over the last couple of days so it might all be up
to date by now.

I you use a prepackaged set of source code you will almost certainly
only be able to compile it exactly as it is. Any changes to the VMMaker
package that affect any outside files stored on SF will tend to have a
deleterious effect.

tim
Strange OpCodes: SDLI: Shift Disk Left Immedite