Squat progress 7 August 2003: method IDs

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Sat Aug 9 19:43:32 UTC 2003

Hi Stephane--

> You are talking about methods, are you also thinking about objects in
> a parcel like way.

	Yes, and that's all straightforward since I already have remote
message-sending with support for transmitting objects.

> Another question is how would you resolve modules (class initialization)?

	In the update protocol, I refer to classes by UUIDs (not by name).
After all the method and object content of a module has been installed,
the server just evaluates remote initialization expressions.

	thanks,

-C

--
Craig Latta