[ENH][Refactor] PLMCleanUpStart

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Sun Aug 10 01:10:43 UTC 2003

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 17:41:09 -0700 Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu> wrote:
>Bob Arning  <arning at charm.net> wrote:
>
>> >Surely the maximum practical size that is relevant is the Display width?
>> >Actually I guess it is really (Display width - morph left) but plain
>> >Display width would probably do.
>>
>> Until, of course, the window in which Squeak is running is resized and "Display width" takes on a new value.
>...and so? If the window is resized everything gets redrawn and the new
>size is used. Surely not a problem?

It is. The extent of the StringMorphs is set once, when the list is initialized. If we were to take your suggestion and...

- the list is initialized when the Display width is 640
- then the Display is enlarged to 1024x768
- then the list is resized to full screen,

Only the left-most 640 pixels of each item would be selectable, or even visible, for that matter.

Cheers,
Bob