[ENH] NebraskaCleanup

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Tue Aug 12 05:24:53 UTC 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 10:06 PM, adspitz at yahoo.ca wrote:

> Rather than posting removal scripts on SqueakMap, it seems like a
> better
> idea to submit the cleanup scripts (which are the bulk of the removal
> work) as ordinary changesets to go through the Harvesting process.

Sounds reasonable.

> So
> here's the first one. After installing this changeset, the code to
> actually remove Nebraska from the image is pretty trivial.

The goal should be that your refactoring should clean things up so that
after Nebraska is removed, the Nebraska replacement package should not
overwrite any classes or methods in the image.  I believe we were going
to make this a strict requirement for all upcoming package
removals/additions... (this should really be on the swiki if it's not
already).

> These changesets should probably be classified as [REFACTOR] rather
> than
> [ENH], though. Will those get picked up by the Bug Fixes Archive?

Right now I don't think [REFACTOR] will get picked up by itself, so the
right thing to do is include [ENH] [REFACTOR] in the subject line.

- Doug