Tracking down references to globals

Roel Wuyts wuyts at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Aug 12 07:52:22 UTC 2003

If only my keyboard shortcuts and basic facilities between VisualWorks
and Squeak would be the same...............

On Monday, Aug 11, 2003, at 19:47 Europe/Zurich, Scott Wallace wrote:

> Roel wrote:
>
>>  PS: If you want to see the references, do for example this thing I
>>  quickly hacked up:
>>
>>  | methods |
>>  methods := Dictionary new.
>>  CompiledMethod allInstances do: [:cm |
>> 	(cm hasLiteralSuchThat: [:lit | (lit isKindOf:
>>  Association) and: [lit
>>  key = #SourceFiles]])
>> 		ifTrue: [methods at: cm put: cm who first -> cm
>>  selector]].
>>  ^methods
>

> Andreas wrote:
>
>> Or simpler:
>>
>> SystemNavigation new
>> 	browseAllCallsOn: (Smalltalk associationAt: #SourceFiles)
>

> Or, simpler still, type and select 'SourceFiles' and hit cmd-shift-N.
>
> Cheers,
>
>   -- Scott

Roel Wuyts                                                   Software
Composition Group
roel.wuyts at iam.unibe.ch                       University of Bern,
Switzerland
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~wuyts/