Got VMMaker now what?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Aug 12 15:58:58 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 08:49 am, Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> Now I'm confused.
>
> I have the generated sources directory which is
> /home/jimmie/Squeak/images/src

That's a bad idea. Generate the sources into
/usr/local/src/squeak/src.

> and my cvs directory
> /usr/local/src/squeak/platforms/unix
> .............................../Cross
>
> If I compile from the cvs directory, what did VMMaker do?

Generated the sources that didn't come from CVS. That is, for all the
plugin and VM sources that are written in Slang, it generates C code.

This is then compiled with the stuff you got from CVS that was written
in C by humans.

> What is the purpose of the generated source?

To give the compiler something to do?

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com