SVI Is Really Neat !

rrobbes rrobbes at etu.info.unicaen.fr
Tue Aug 12 16:54:18 UTC 2003

> Must have missed it. What's SVI?
>
> Daniel

 From the website (http://www.swerlingphoto.com/squeak/svi/)

SVI is a replacement for PluggableTextMorph modelled on VIM. SVI features
extensive support for modes normal (aka command), insert, select, and
visual. SVI has multilevel undo/redo, the repeat last edit command (the
dot), macro recording, marks (which can be used to navigate from method to
method), registers, etc. SVI works only in Morphic this version.

So it allows one to use VI keybindings in Squeak, which I find
very cool, being addicted to it.

I found it while browsing Steven Swerling's last SqueakMap entry,
the KeyMapper (Which is in fact a part of SVI if I understood correctly).
I don't know if it is ready for release yet, but it seems stable.