Moving BFAV traffic off of squeak-dev short-term (was Re: BFAV email prefix?)

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Aug 13 04:43:09 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 03:33 PM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Brent Vukmer wrote:
>
>> I propose:
>> -keep "mail to list" pointed at squeak-dev
>> -point the BFAV at the squeak-harvest list
>
> Agreed so far.
>
>> -configure mailman to send squeak-dev posts to the squeak-harvest list
>> --the squeak-harvest list will apply a filter that blocks everything
>> but
>> posts whose subject line matches the ANN|BUG|ENH|FIX|GOODIE regexp
>
> Why would this cross-posting be necessary? If the sqfixes archive
> "harvests" mails from both lists with the established filtering rules,
> all should be fine?

I'm not sure exactly what Brent has in mind, but I think his Bug Fix
Archive server (which replaces sqfixes) was only going to deal with the
squeak-harvest list?  (I could be wrong.)  And then the BFAV would just
be looking at this list.  In which case, it would need the original
[FIX]/[ENH] postings crossposted.

Although I guess that doesn't jibe with this:

On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 03:15 PM, Brent Vukmer wrote:

> As far as tracking the conversation goes, a really simple solution that
> Ken is testing, is just to strip RE:/Re: from the subject lines of
> posts
> before testing the ANN|BUG|ENH|FIX|GOODIE regexp.  That way the BFAV
> can
> continue to group posts by topic.

Assuming these conversations take place on squeak-dev and not
squeak-harvest, then I guess the BFAV will need to look at both lists
after all?

Just trying to flesh out what exactly this thing might look like...

- Doug