[ENH] SpeakerMorphCleanup

Brent Pinkney brent.pinkney at aircom.co.za
Wed Aug 13 06:13:31 UTC 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:47:06 -0400, <adspitz at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> from preamble:
>
> "Change Set:		SpeakerMorphCleanup
> Date:			12 August 2003
> Author:			Adam Spitz
>
> Second alternative. Changes ((x isKindOf: SpeakerMorph) ifTrue: [x
> stopSound]) to (x pause). I hate to add yet another method to Morph, but
> maybe this is cleaner than using the reflective stuff. I'm open to
> suggestions for a better name than #pause."!

I agree, pause is a useful word which implies the stopping of
activity/motion more than quieteness. It may be a shame to 'use it up' when
a more appropriate synonym exists.

You could use 'hush' or one of its synonyms...

>From www.thesaurus.com...

hush = burke, choke, gag, muffle, mute, muzzle, quiet, quieten, shush, shut
up, silence, stifle, still, stop, suppress

- Brent