Moving BFAV traffic off of squeak-dev short-term (was Re: BFAV email prefix?)

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Wed Aug 13 08:58:58 UTC 2003

Changing the filter to ignore re: prefixes might be a good idea...

About implementation, I think I suggested a very simple way to get
something that I think should make everyone happy pretty quick, without
any duplication of information. Can someone explain whats wrong with:
A. Adding a button to BFAV that says "mail quietly". It would send the
mail to squeak-harvest.
B. Subscribing only sqfixes to squeak-harvest (if people want to read
that stuff, then it should be sent publically).

The assumptions -
1. Authors of BFAV messages know when something has absolutely no chance
of interesting anyone.
2. We don't currently have the news-bot, so we're keeping any traffic
that might be interesting to someone on squeak-dev.

Daniel