license stuff

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Wed Aug 13 16:40:41 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

>I am meeting a lawyer tommorrow. He works for/with the local OS/FS
>association, and I'm going to get an opinion about sublicensing Squeak
>in a DFSG compliant manner.

Don't forget to also ask about sublicensing Squeak in an OSI-compliant
manner as well.  I believe these were the two main things we were hoping
to achieve by sublicensing?  (Along with simplifying the license as much
as possible, I guess.)

If I remember right, the export clause was the problem for DFSG
compliance, and the Apple indemnification clause was the problem for OSI
compliance?  Or vice versa.  Anyway, perhaps you already know this.

>First meeting is free of charge, further work would require fees. Any
>suggestions/ideas/requests welcome.

Thanks for working on this, btw. :-)

- Doug