SystemNavigation and deprecated methods

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Aug 13 19:20:11 UTC 2003

Hi chris

thanks for your feedback. I think that systemNavigation could serves as
a basis for smart browsing or
refactoring that only take into account a subset of the system.

Now the best thing that you can do, is to act as a client for the
SystemNavigation and propose
addition/code refactoring...

By no way what we are doing is done once for all, we just want to
control it a bit to avoid that
stff got broken because we took the responsibility of it. Now for
example, the class SpaceTally
is a good candidate for making a really good analysis tool for Squeak.
We just created to clean SystemDictionary and with the idea that
somebody would make it better... this is the same for SystemNavigation.

So let go and propose extensions. We will always pay attention to what
you will do on that

Stef