Refactoring Browser Rewrite Editor plans

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Wed Aug 13 21:21:04 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 13 August 2003 01:49 pm, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 13 August 2003 12:54 pm, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> > I am somewhat familiar with it. I would like it to deal with
> > class hierarchies better, but I suppose what is really needed
> > there is to have the RB hierarchy browser working first.
>
> Not sure what you mean here...

Just that we don't seem to have a Refactoring hierarchy browser. If
you choose "browse hierarchy" from an RB or anywhere else, you get a
HierarchyBrowser, not a RefactoringBrowser.

I have long wanted to have a hierarchy browser version of the RB.

> > I have inspected its model and tried to manually add the
> > subclasses.
>
> As far as manual tinkering goes, the following works well for me:
> (FinderTool new searchEnvironment: (BrowserEnvironment new
> forClasses: Refactoring withAllSubclasses )) openAsMorph

Ah, that's useful.

> > Perhaps a window menu item that would let you add subclasses or
> > other classes to the environment would be helpful.
>
> I'm not sure what the UI for that should look like - but UI code
> demoing it is welcome. I'll gladly help with the RB integration.

Well, one thing that could be done pretty easily is to add a menu item
that says "add subclasses". Another is accepting drops of classes
from browsers.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com