[BUG]TrueTypeTextStyle and Scamper in Windows Squeak

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Aug 14 16:52:14 UTC 2003

> This is almost always solved by deleting the sm directory contents.

Well, not if you have images with different versions of SM in the same
directory. I encountered this problem recently where I switched between my
"BFAV-image" (which is not always up to the latest) and my "experimental
one" (which is up-to-date) a couple of times. There is apparently some
really weird problem (not sure where it's coming from) if SqueakMap has
initialized once already - deleting the sm directory leads to spurious
errors then.

This made me wonder if SM shouldn't use sub-directories of the SM directory
indexed by UUID or somesuch to differentiate between the "incarnations" of
SM itself. Seems to me that this may be the easiest way to solve that
trouble (hopefully) once and for all.

Cheers,
  - Andreas