MagmaCollection vs Other Collections

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Thu Aug 14 20:54:13 UTC 2003

I'm trying to learn how to use MagmaCollection.

What guideline should I use as to when it would be preferable to use a
MagmaCollection in Magma vs the Other Collections in Magma?

For example I am doing a 32,201 item collection.
It is a collection of String(s). Most of them less the 2-300 characters.

Initially I thought OrderedCollection. Order is important and will need
to be maintained either via the nature of the collection or by index.

I don't know when OrderedCollection or Dictionary begin to become
suboptimal, especially when used in Magma.

Any best practice wisdom, greatly appreciated.

Jimmie Houchin