[BUG] TextConstants value causes debugger in 3.6 beta

Phil Hargett hargettp at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 15 01:47:21 UTC 2003

As I always like to install the excellent TrueType test styles package
when building a new image, I noticed that on both my Mac OS X machine
and my Windows machine that a debugger appears at the end of the
installation of this package (v5 of the package into a 3.6 beta image).
  As best as I can determine, it's not a problem with the package
itself, however.

The installation ends with an invocation of TTCFont class>>initialize,
which seems to attempt to build a TrueType version of the default style
(ComicSans MS).  However, in my image, the style that the code finds in
TextConstants (for ComicSans MS) contains a font array with many fonts,
but none of the fonts have a set pixel size!  In fact, all of them have
nil as their pixel size, quite surprisingly.  That is strange, because
invoking TTFont class>>default yields a basic style for Comic Sans MS
with a number of pixel / point sizes.  Further, I don't think much
about the TrueTypeTextStyles package has changed for a while, so it
would appear that something about the standard constants has changed.

??