Ancient (1996?) Tablet PC and Squeak

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Aug 15 20:28:07 UTC 2003

I'll point out that Apple has been working on WebCore, a framework
interface to
the cross-platform KHTML library (part of the KDE project).

Work in this area should lead to a library that one can use to render
HTML (on many platforms).

http://developer.apple.com/darwin/projects/webcore/index.html

PS I'd also think other folks have similar ideas.

On Friday, August 15, 2003, at 10:55  AM, Alan Kay wrote:

> Hi David --
>
> The copying and pasting sounds very tedious very quickly.
>
> Duane Maxwell and his group at exobox did a great thing, which was to
> run Mozilla as a Squeak plugin -- they used it to catch cases that
> they had not written specific UIs for, and I had the impression that
> this worked very well. It would be interesting to see whether this is
> still a reasonable idea.... this is one of those cases where it is
> probably not worth it to even try to reverse engineer a hefty subset
> of modern browser features (as ugly as they might be)....
>
> But I'm curious as to the opinions of others on the list regarding
> this issue.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alan--
===