Sublicensing

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Aug 15 22:11:34 UTC 2003

IANAL, but I am slightly sceptical about what it means that APSL 2.0 is now
a "Free Software License". Given FSFs particular interpretations of "free"
it may turn out that for quite a number of users that "free" APSL 2.0 may
turn out to be significantly less free of restrictions than current
Squeak-L.

Cheers,
  - Andreas

http://www.opensource.apple.com/news/2.0-announce.html

 Apple is pleased to announce the 2.0 version of the Apple Public Source
 License.  It improves upon the OSI-approved APSL 1.2 by conforming to the
 definition of Free Software Licenses, as certified by the Free Software
 Foundation. We are grateful to Richard Stallman for his many helpful
 comments in this process.   APSL 2.0 is also being submitted to the Open
 Source Initiative to certify its continued compliance with the Open Source
 Definition.

Should be perfect for Squeak.

   Marcus

--